Please visit supergranny’s Store: http://www.onlineauction.com/store/supergranny
– How long have you been selling online? 12 years. Kind of sad when I think of all the stuff I’ve sold. Just makes me plum tired.
– How and or why did you start selling online? I had an elderly MIL that came to live with us when we had a large home. She brought her furniture, handkerchiefs, everything she was ever given. 12 bottles of Tums and 13 boxes and bottles of Tylenol and plain aspirin – some of those were probably 60 yrs old. She finally got tired at the ripe old age of 94.
– What is the most interesting thing you’ve bought or sold online? Can’t think of anything that I’ve bought that is interesting … the usual, telephones, VCR, computers, digital cameras … nothing exciting. We’ve sold things that we thought were ordinary but they sold with lots and lots of bids … military script with no letter by the serial number. Who knew that was important.
– What hobbies do you have besides selling online? I read blogs from all over the world, I paint watercolors, Google research many things. I love to read and write. Biggest problem I have is remembering all the wonderful bits I learn and retain for maybe tens of minutes.
– Can you please share a tip on creating your OLA store? Using OLA in general? I was fortunate enough to meet some very generous people on OLA that took the time to be honest with me on the “How To” of a few important things you must do. One of my pet peeves is to see very talented sellers that have great items but you can’t see them. They take photos of very small items on a ‘king size bed’ and then do not take the time to crop and resize them. I think it is important so the buyer can make an informed decision on your items. Give plenty of information, like measurements, etc. The tutorials weren’t written when I started so anyone new now has an advantage over the rest of us.
I have no criticisms of OLA. Everyone is very helpful and caring. Would love to figure out how to get some of the long time sellers to become more involved in the things we do to call attention to our listings and THEIR listings. Be active, OLA is a fun community.